Labels

Friday, November 18, 2011

Life in Tokyo

"life can be cruel, life in Tokyo" is what the 70s/80s band Japan sang...

However it's not really cruel in Tokyo, the subway system is a pain in the arse, but that's as cruel as it gets. I think the singer from Japan just needed to man up a little.

So, I'm in Tokyo! My first time since 2005 - when I arrived in japan. I'm attending a teaching conference that lasts for 3 days and so far I'm really enjoying being in a classroom and learning stuff. Makes a change from teaching stuff.

Tokyo itself is really cool and I managed to buy clothes at H&M ( big WIN ) and people watch over coffee. Also I met my friend and coworker for a late night drink - we both came to Tokyo on the same day, but we were completely unaware that we would be here attending different conferences!

Tomorrow more conference and after more real city life!

No comments:

Post a Comment