Labels

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding

March and April have been VERY busy months for me, so this is the first post since then! A combination of study, planning/preparing our wedding, looking after Ikumi and tsunami things.

In March, the most important event for me was my wedding. Ikumi and I arranged a small party in Sasebo for 20 guests. It rained the whole day, however it was a very special day and we had a great time with friends and family.



We organised 2 parties. At the first party we started off with informal speeches 



After that we ate and drank ( actually our guests did, Ikumi and I talked to everyone and forgot to eat!)

Ikumi got in touch (in secret) with my friends from around the world and they sent letters and messages. 



Also my friends Tony and Thomas in San Francisco made a great video (in their own unique style). They managed to organize various friends from everywhere to make a video message. Tony and Thomas - legends. 

Thanks to everyone that sent letters, messages and videos. You are all amazing. 
Tony and Thomas' video
Afterwards I played piano and sang the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young song "Our House" for Ikumi. For very strange reason, I only "discovered" CSNY last year! (I've always been a big Neil Young fan...how didn't I know about CSNY). I heard the song "Our House" when Ikumi and I started to live together. The lyrics and the tune to that song are probably some of the most positive, heartfelt and sincere music and the meaning instantly hit home with me. I thought it would be fitting to play it at the wedding. It was probably the most nervous performance I've ever done. 

I played the piano and I prepared a slideshow with my favourite memories of Ikumi
After that different friends played music.
Momo sings

Everybody jams

When the 1st party finished, most of us went to a second venue. This was a more relaxed affair and we all drank and ate some more.




It was a great day and even though it wasn't a gorgeous wedding, it was perfect for Ikumi and I. Thanks to all the friends that came and all my friends who where there in spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment