Labels

Monday, December 10, 2012

Writing again!

If anyone is still reading this blog, hello!

This is my first post in about 6 months...I'm writing again as I gave my English Composition class an assignment to keep a daily journal starting today and ending on Thursday. Their task is to write 6-8 lines every day in their journal. They can write about anything that happened on that day, reflect on previous memories, write about daily observations, ponder on life and contemplate on the future. The important thing is to keep it FREE and INTERESTING. So in this age of equality I have promised my students to do the same, but only on my blog (and I'll write as much as I fancy).

Today was a nondescript day. Nothing great or terrible happened. It was very...bland Mia woke up in a grumpy mood and cried on her way to nursery. Classes went ok, but most of day was taken up with planning classes for the rest of week. My legs froze a little whilst I was sitting at my office desk. Note to the powers that be - Air conditioning is not the best way to keep a room warm.

I picked up Mia from nursery and she was very happy to see me. We walked holding hands from the nursery to the car (about 200m) and it was great to see her walking well and fast too. I can remember that back in August I would have to carry her from the nursery as she wasn't that good at walking. Looks like Darwin's evolution all sped up! In the car I gave her some biscuits and we listened to music on our way back home. One song started to stick on the CD which made us both laugh and get all giddy. After dinner (which was pizza - YES) I taught my weekly English class for Nagasaki University staff. It went well as we had a discussion about the upcoming election in Japan and the policies that will influence voters on December 16th.

Thats all. This has been a bland post for a bland day. It has been hard to keep this post interesting as I'm not feeling inspired. Perhaps its the cold...or the position of the stars?



No comments:

Post a Comment